Evolution of a Plus Size Black Goth: May 2019-May 2020

Can't believe it's already been another year but this past year has been a hell of a rollercoaster from job changes to MCR returning to coronavirus.

May 2019
So this is the outfit we left off from the last blog post. Let's see how much I've changed since.

June 2019
Okay, okay, this isn't a goth outfit so it doesn't count but IT WAS MY MOST CROWNING MOMENT OF 2019 Y'ALL
I decided to yoink a couple oldies but goodies from my closet and it worked so well! I hadn't worn that MCR tank in 4 years and my MCR pick necklace (which I'm sad to announce has disappeared since :c)

July 2019
Finally got an LoZ shirt and it immediately made an outfit with it and that hat I bought from Hot Topic way back in 2015 when I first went emo.

All of my outfits this month were pretty laid back btw. Which is kind of where my everyday style was evolving more into.

August 2019
I specifically remember planning this outfit with Final Fantasy inspo as if *I* was a Final Fantasy character. I actually ended up drawing a FFsona that isn't too far off from this. 
And it wasn't even on purpose.

Also have to give an honorable mention to this outfit:
 
Because it marks my first forays into the whole pastel goth thing I said I was starting to dabble in again from last post.

September 2019
I decided to call back to my ROOTS with this one. A little bit of scene/emo action going on here. Loose tie, suspenders, converse and all. And a lot of inspo from one of my first idols, Avril Lavigne. I'm even wearing a Green Day shirt, the first rock band I really got into. And I brought back the effin glove I bought from Claire's back when I was still too scared to walk into a Hot Topic but wanted to be the type of person that did. Good times, goooood times.

October 2019
Unlike last year, this year I did a TON of OOTDs. I think it's because I wasn't worrying about my costume as much, because I was just wearing a kigurumi for Halloween. I did make my friend a costume, though. That's probably why, we were hanging out a lot. But I chose this one because it was just badass. We went out to the mall and I got like a good handful of compliments from people at the mall and my friend just turned to me and said, "do you like when you get compliments?" as I abashedly replied, "yeah... it's nice."

November 2019
Another pastel goth attempt. I was able to use some old and new pieces for this one, which I wasn't as used to, so it felt sooo different.

December 2019
 
 Oh I didn't even have to think of this one. I swear, each and every one of these, my favorite outfit will be the outfit that I wore on my birthday because I *always* do the most on my birthday and I *always* love it. This year, I went out in my Slytherin robes (that I bought from Universal Studios) and it felt so nice. I even got a compliment (from someone other than my friend)!
January 2020
 
 Heads up, from here on the outfits are going to get sparse because we're in apocalypse year. Tough year for everybody but especially for me so far. Regardless, this was a nice simple outfit I wore out with family.

February 2020

 
 This was my only OOTD for February. I had just gotten the Zelda shirt and the plaid pants so I was pretty psyched. Green is one of my favorite colors and happens to be one of the colors I like to use to spice up my goth with more color. So I'd been trying to collect more green pieces.

March 2020
 
 This was my only OOTD for March. Just got the Black Sabbath shirt and I was able to hang out with my friend for the first time in about a month. (oh and, surprise, I got a tattoo, in September 2019. Not the thing on my hand, that was a sharpie tattoo of Ozzy's Simon Templar tattoo, look at my leg!).

Also this was a thing:
Colourpop released this sucker and I was like, welp guess I wear makeup now?

April 2020 
Can't believe I did anything for April but I really got into Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath and really wanted to hit the world with a semi-gothic style 70s outfit. I even like sat and researched 70s style and what it entailed. Knee high boots, knee high socks, funky patterns, a tie headband, "hot pants" (aka the short ass shorts we all wear these days), and a baggy t-shirt. Threw in a cross necklace and Ozzy-esque glasses. There were a lot of pieces used in this that I forgot I even had namely:
the glasses, the boots, the cross necklace, and the cardigan.

Popular Posts